It was lovely to see so many of you at our Harvest service this afternoon. It is wonderful when the whole school comes together, as we did today. I particularly enjoyed the uplifting Harvest songs. Thank you to all parents and children who donated food at the service.
In the attached newsletter, you can see some of the things that the children have been doing this week.
Key Dates – Autumn Term
Thank you to all the parents who responded to the school trips questionnaire last term. We have taken into account the desire for more infant trips, and we will continue to review our programme of events. This year, children in Year 1 and 2 will have two trips and children in Reception will have one. These trips will all be in the spring and summer terms.
Here are some of the key dates for this term.
Whole School dates:
- Tuesday 10th October Wellbeing Day
- Friday 20th October 150th Anniversary Service @ 2 p.m. $ #
- Tuesday 14th November Nursery & Reception Crash! Bang! Wallop! Musical Workshop
- Friday 17th November Individual Photos
- Tuesday 21st November Parents’ Evening 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. $
- Saturday 25th November PTA Christmas Fair
- Thursday 30th November Parents’ Evening – 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. $
- Thursday 7th December Music Concert @ 7 p.m. $
- Friday 15th December Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 20th December Christmas Party Day
- Thursday 21st December Christmas Service 9:45 a.m. $ #
- Thursday 2nd November Orange Class Art Workshop*
- Thursday 9th November Red Class Art Workshop*
- Friday 10th November Phonics talk @ 9 a.m. $
- Thursday 16th November Nursery Stay & Play $ & Green Class Art Workshop*
- Thursday 23rd November Yellow Class Art Workshop*
- Tuesday 12th December Reception Performance @ 9:15 a.m. $
- Wednesday 13th December Year 1 Performance @ 9:15 a.m. $
- Thursday 14th December Year 2 Performance @ 9:15 a.m. $
- Friday 15th December Nursery Performances, AM @ 11 a.m., P.M. @ 2:30 p.m. $
- Wednesday 4th October Year 5 WWII Workshop *
- Friday 6th October Year 6 WWII Workshop *
- Monday 9th October 4G Trip to Hogsmill Sewage Treatment Works. #
- Wednesday 11th October 3BC Trip to Hogsmill Sewage Treatment Works
- Thursday 12th October 4A trip to Hogsmill Sewage Treatment Works. #
- Friday 13th October 3H trip to Hogsmill Sewage Treatment Works. #
- Monday 27th November Year 4 Roman Workshop *
- Monday 4th December Year 3 Roman Workshop *
- Monday, 4 December Year 5 & 6 Choir to New Malden Baptist Church #
- Thursday 14th December Year 6 Choir to John Lewis, Kingston #
- Thursday 14th December Year 3 Performance @ 7 p.m. $
- Monday 18th December Year 5 Choir to Fairview Court, Kingston #
* Payment Needed
# Helpers Needed
$ Parents Invited
Up to date information about trips and event is available on our website.
Ways to Keep in Touch
Your child’s class teacher is the best person to speak to about anything to do with your child. Class teachers are always available at the end of the day, which is the best time of day to tell your child’s teacher about something or to ask any questions or raise any concerns. If you are not able to talk to your class teacher at the end of the day, you can always arrange a meeting through the school office. You can also contact other ways, do see the attached document for more information.
Something Like Home
Pam Warren, one of the regular Open the Book volunteers, is performing in a play written by children in Years 6-8, called Something Like Home. The play is performed by the Lantern Arts Children Theatre Club, in Raynes Park. For more information, click here.
If your child is booked in at Connect, but cannot attend, perhaps due to illness, a playdate, or because they are now being collected, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, to let them know.
Year 1 Outdoor PE
Please note that Year One outdoor PE is on Tuesday (not Monday, as put in last week’s bulletin). Please ensure your child has trainers in school every Tuesday.
Playground Outside School Hours
Just a reminder that children are not permitted to play within the school grounds before or after school. This includes all climbing equipment and any play resources that have been set up at the Infants site for our Connect Club pupils to use (including the large blue building bricks and Lego/ Arts and Craft in the Gazebo).
Year 3 & 4 Trip to Hogsmill Sewage Treatment Work – Parent Help Needed
Year 3 and 4 classes will be visiting Hogsmill Sewage Treatment Works, Berrylands on 9th (4G), 11th (3BC), 12th (4A) and 13th (3H) October. Parent volunteers are still needed for every class, apart from 3BC, Please tell your child’s teacher if you can help, as we do not want to have to cancel the trip due to lack of volunteers,
Year 3 Library Visit – Friday 6th October
If you are able to help Year 3 walk to and from the library next Friday afternoon, please let the office or the teacher know. 3BC will leave school at 1.30pm, and 3H will leave school at 2.00pm.