It has been so lovely to have a normal return to the Summer term. The reduction in the infection rate, the sunshine and the gradual removal of restrictions gives a very welcome sense of hope. Both Andrew Burkinshaw and I have been thrilled to be able to cross between sites once again and to see all the children once again.
It is also good to be able to resume more of the elements that enrich school life. As you will be aware we will be starting some of our clubs next week and we will also be following the latest Government guidelines and allowing Connect bubbles to play together outside. On Wednesday, the Sports Council will be taking part in leadership training with GB Dodgeball. We will then continue to consider further relaxations of restrictions as the term continues.
Reminder: Clubs this term
The following clubs will be taking place this term, all starting next week, with the exception of Year 4 Handbell Club which will start the following week (w/c 3rd May):
- Football – Mr Newman will be running four football clubs:
- Junior girls 7.40 a.m. to 8.40 a.m.
- Years 1 and 2 – 3:25 p.m. to 4:25 p.m.
- Wednesday – Years 5 and 6 – 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday – Years 3 and 4 – 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Running – Mrs Cooney will be starting running clubs on Mondays (Beginners) and Tuesdays (Intermediate) at 3:30p.m.
- Orchestra – Mrs Huggett will be starting Y6 orchestra before school on Wednesdays at 8 a.m.
- Y6 Choir – Mrs Huggett will be teaching Year 6 choir on Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Y4 Handbells – Mrs Bond will be running a handbell club in Year 4 on Tuesday lunchtimes. Mrs Bond will be doing a demonstration of the bells in the Year 4 music lesson next week and will begin the club the week after. If your child is interested, please sign up by Wednesday 28th April at the latest.
- Mrs Bond will be running Y3 recorders on Thursdays before school at 8 a.m.
- Mr Marsh will be running Y4 recorders on Wednesday lunchtimes and Y5 on Friday lunchtimes.
If you haven’t already booked a place for any of these and would like to, please go to the payments section on ParentMail where you will be able to make a payment for the relevant club if spaces are still available. Places are limited and are on a first come, first served basis, and payment will confirm your child’s place.
If your child is doing a sports club they should wear their PE kit to school.
Tabitha White, Headteacher