It has been a long, but successful and eventful term. We have been granted a record number of awards (music award, science mark and even a gold sports mark) in recognition of our rich and broad curriculum. Likewise, I’m not sure any other school of our size would be brave enough to contemplate quite so many performances, and indeed able to deliver them all so successfully. We have even finished the term with two very different events: the uplifting End of Term Service and the hilarious Junior staff panto. Thank you so much to all the staff who have worked so tirelessly to make them happen. I am so proud of the community I work in, adults and children alike.
I wish you all a very special Christmas with your families and a positive start to the New Year.
Latest news on the fair
The final figures are still being calculated, but the fair has already raised over £10,000 and there are contributions still to come. Thank you so much to everyone for all your time and dedication which has made it such a success!
In the newsletter you will see a review of key events in December. In particular, I would like to congratulate our Year 6 boys’ football team who, in a very close competition, were awarded equal 5th place in the Borough Finals on Tuesday and played so valiantly in the foulest of weathers!
Closing dates for Reception/Nursery Applications 2020
Please note that the closing date for on-line applications for Reception 2020 is Wednesday, 15th January 2020. The closing date for Nursery applications is Friday, 6th March 2020.
Please make sure that you have ordered a hot meal for the first day back (and onwards) after the holiday.
Year 3 & 4 Choir
Please can all Year 3 & 4 choir make sure they attend on the first Tuesday back after the holiday as we are rehearsing for the Rose Theatre.
On days when their class has outdoor PE, junior children can come to school wearing their PE kit, including plain black or blue tracksuit trousers and trainers. If they have a matching plain black or blue tracksuit top, they can wear that, otherwise they should wear a school jumper. Next term outdoor PE days are as follows:
- Tuesdays – Year 4 and Year 5
- Thursdays – Year 3 and Year 6
The thunk this week is ‘If you could spend Christmas with anyone, who would it be and why?’
This week we will be saying goodbye to Mrs Whelan, Antelope’s teacher. We would like to thank her for all her hard work and dedication to ensuring the children achieve their best, and wish her every happiness in the future.
Also leaving us are our two students, Miss Correa in Lion class and Miss Chipol in Squirrel class. It has been lovely to have them with us this term with all their energy and ideas. We wish them well in their future careers.
I look forward to welcoming the children back to school on Monday 6th January.
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Here is a list of key dates for the Spring term:
- Monday 6th January – First day of term (Please note there is no INSET day) usual start times
- Tuesday 7th January – Year 2 Drama Workshop – Florence Nightingale @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 14th January – Year 6 Trip to Natural History Museum @ 9:00 a.m. #
- Wednesday 15th January – Year 1 Trip to Sealife London Aquarium @ 9:00 a.m. #
- Friday 17th January – Year 1 & 2 Drama Workshops “Around the World” from 9:00 a.m.
- Friday 24th January – Year 4 Roman Workshop @ 9:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m.
- Monday 27th January – Year 3 & 4 Choir at Malden & Coombe Cluster Concert, Rose Theatre @ 2:00 p.m. #*
- Tuesday 11th February – Year 6 Junior Citizen 2020 Programme, Chessington World of Adventures @ 12:00 p.m. #
- Thursday 5th March – World Book Day
- Friday 6th March – Year 3 Stone Age to Iron Age Workshop at 9:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m.
- Tuesday 17th March – Parents’ Evening @ 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.*
- Thursday 19th March – School Finishes Early at 2:15 p.m. Infants / 2:30 p.m. Juniors
- Thursday 19th March – Parents’ Evening @ 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.*
- Friday 20th March – Year 6 Learning Reviews 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m*
- Friday 20th March – PTA Disco @ 4:00 p.m. #
- Wednesday 1st April – Easter Bonnet Parade @ 9:00 a.m. (Infants)
- Wednesday 1st April – Year 5 – Easter Experience, Baptist Church @ 9:30 a.m. #
- Friday 3rd April – Easter Service @ 9:45 a.m. (All)*
- Friday 3rd April – School Finishes early
- @ 10.45a.m. AM Nursery
- @ 2:15 p.m. Infants
- @ 2.20 p.m. PM & Full Time Nursery
- @ 2:30 p.m. Juniors
- @ 5.15 p.m. Connect
#Parent help needed