It was wonderful to join many of you in church, this morning, where we celebrated the coming of Christmas with a lovely carol service. Each year had thoughtfully interpreted their part of the nativity, bringing the Christmas story to life before our eyes. Mrs Bond and Mrs Bishop have worked hard teaching the school the carols we sung and Mrs Huggett and Mrs Bond led the two junior choirs in some beautiful songs. In addition, we enjoyed Year 5’s traditional French carol, ably taught by our musical, French teacher, Mrs Robinson.
We’ve had so many highlights this term. Many of them are known and we have celebrated them in the newsletter. However, many are unknown – the achievements and successes that might only be known to a few, or only to an individual. One of the joys of working in a school is seeing children grow in their learning, experience and understanding. Do ask your children what they are excited to have learnt, this term.
I know you will join me in thanking the staff, who work so hard to give our children the opportunities they deserve. I want to thank you, too, for the support and encouragement you give the school. As we approach Christmas, I wish you and your families a very happy Christmas, and I would like to pray my favourite prayer for us all:
May you be filled with the wonder of Mary, the obedience of Joseph, the joy of the angels, the eagerness of the shepherds, the determination of the magi, and the peace of the Christ child. Almighty God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit bless you now and forever.
Royal Marsden Nativity Collections
Thank you so much for giving so generously in the collections at the Christmas nativities. This week, we sent the Royal Marsden a cheque for £867.30, which is a fantastic amount.
Today, your child should have come home with next term’s curriculum newsletters. If you have not seen it, do click below for the relevant newsletter:
At the end of this bulletin, you can find a list of key dates for the spring term.
Friday 5th January – Year 6 Library Visit
If you are able to help Year 6 walk to/from the library on Friday 5th January, please contact the office. 6B will be leaving school at 1.30pm, and 6S will leave at 1.50pm.
Action Needed – Year 3 and Year 4 Trips
Please give permission (if you haven’t already) for the Year 4 trip to the Rose Theatre, Kingston on Friday, 5 January to see Alice in Winterland.
Please give permission and payment (if you haven’t already) for the following trips:
- Year 3 – Wednesday, 31 January 2018 to the Sea Life Centre, London.
- Year 4 – Thursday, 1 February 2018 to the Sea Life Centre, London.
With best wishes for a Happy Christmas,
- Wednesday 3rd January INSET DAY – SCHOOL CLOSED (All)
- Thursday 4th January First day of term
- Friday 5th January Y4 Alice in Winterland, Rose Theatre
- Monday 8th January Y4 Kingston Synagogue#
- Tuesday 9th January Y1 &Y2 Moon Zoom Science Dome
- Tuesday 9th January 5W National Archives#
- Thursday 11th January 5S National Archives#
- Friday 12th January Y2 & Y4 Cake Sales
- Monday 15th January Y3 Kingston Synagogue#
- Friday 19th January Parents’ Talk – Maths Calculations @ 9.00 a m.*
- Friday 26th January Disco Night (R-Y3 @4 p.m. & Y3-Y6 @ 6 p.m.)
- Tuesday 30th January 6S National Archives#
- Wednesday 31st January 6B National Archives#
- Wednesday 31st January Y3 London Sea Life Centre
- Thursday 1st February Y4 London Sea Life Centre
- Friday 2nd February Y1 & Y6 Cake Sales
- Friday 9th February Healthy Living Day (All) Raising money for micro-pigs
- Monday 12th February to Friday, 16th February – Half Term
- Thursday 22nd February Y4 Carroty Wood Parents’ Talk @ 7 p.m.*
- Tuesday 6th March Parents’ Evening 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. (Nursery to Year 5)*
- Friday 9th March Year 6 Learning Reviews for Parents (Year 6)*
- Wednesday 14th March Parents’ Evening 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. (Nursery to Year 5)*
- Wednesday 14th March Olympian Visit (Infants)^
- Thursday 15th March Olympian Visit (Juniors) ^
- Friday 23rd March International Day (All)^
- Monday 26th March to Wednesday, 28th March Year 4 Residential Trip, Carroty Wood
- Wednesday 28th March Easter Bonnet Parade (Infants)
- Thursday, 29th March Easter Service @ 9.45am (All)*
- Thursday 29th March School Finishes @ 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
* Parents Invited
# Parent Help Needed
^ Non-school uniform, children come into school in the following:
- Friday 9th February Healthy Living Day Own clothes (Raising money for micro-pigs)
- Wednesday 14th/Thursday 15th March Olympian Visit Sports clothes
- Friday 23rd March International Day Own clothes/national costumes.
Wednesday 28th March Easter Bonnet Parade Infant children wear an Easter bonnet and normal school uniform