It was a lovely way to end the week with the start of the Christmas performances. Last night, the church was packed with performers and adults at our junior music concert. I never cease to be amazed by both the number of children who take part and the standard of the performance, whether singing or playing. Yesterday and today we have also seen our first nativities presented by our Reception children. The children performed and sang beautifully and indeed several parents commented on how impressed they were at their capabilities at such a young age, particularly as they have not even been in main school for a whole term. The build up to Christmas really has begun! I am looking forward to the many other performances taking place next week. In addition to all the Christmas preparations this week, Years 1 and 2 have been accompanied to school by their teddies; Year 1 have designed and tested an umbrella to keep their teddy dry whilst Year 2 have been using their teddies as models to make charcoal and chalk masterpieces. Years 3 and 4 have been concentrating on their multiplication and division skills. Our Year 4 indoor tennis team also played at Surbiton Racquet & Fitness Club yesterday, winning the majority of their games. Year 6 have been working very hard in their end of term assessments.
Collections at Christmas Events and Christmas Jumper Day
The retiring collections at our Christmas events and donations for Christmas Jumper Day will be split evenly between two charities:
- Momentum Working locally in South West London, Surrey and Sussex, they support families whose children have cancer or a life-challenging condition. Families of children in school have received support from Momentum.
- Lunchbowl Network We have supported Lunchbowl for many years in its work with orphaned and vulnerable children living in Kibera, Nairobi.
Nursery Cake Sale
Thank you to everyone who helped with the nursery cake sale, which raised £110.90.
A Christmas Journey – Junior Christmas Production
Rehearsals have been going very well this week. Thank you so much for sending in beautiful costumes and props with your child. All children are expected to come to school on Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. for the evening performance, even if their parents are not coming to watch. Children will be collected at the end of the performance, which is expected to be at 8:15 p.m. Years 3 and 4 will leave from their outside classroom door and Years 5 and 6 from the playground door as usual. Children will not be able to walk home by themselves.
Please note your tickets will be sent home with your child on Monday 9th December – remember to bring them to the performance.
Christmas Fair – Saturday 7th December
In all corners of the school, and indeed people’s houses, there are preparations afoot for the Christmas Fair, which promises to be unmissable!
Please can we remind parents that they are responsible for their own children whilst at the Christmas Fair.
Below are the times for the school music groups that are performing at the Fair. The children will need to arrive by the stage in the junior hall ten minutes before their slot. They do not wear school uniform but Christmas hats etc. would be great!
- Orchestra – 2:00 p.m.
- Year 3/4 Choir – 2:30 p.m.
- Year 2 Choir – 3:00 p.m.
School Photographs – Earlybird reminder
Following Pret-a-Portrait’s recent visit to take school photographs, we just wanted to remind you that the earlybird deadline for you to receive a 25% discount on the school pictures finishes on Thursday 12th December 2019.
Closing dates for Reception/Nursery Applications 2020
Please note that the closing date for on-line applications for Reception 2020 is Wednesday, 15th January 2020. The closing date for Nursery applications is Friday, 6th March 2020.
The thunk this week is ‘Would you rather be fit or rich?’.
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Here is a list of key dates for this half-term:
- Saturday 7th December – Christmas Fair, Juniors @ 12:00noon
- Monday 9th December – Owl Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Monday 9th December – Y5 & Y6 choir at Baptist Church @ 2:00p.m.#
- Tuesday 10th December – Squirrel Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Tuesday 10th December – Year 6 Choir at John Lewis, Kingston @ 11:00 a.m.#
- Wednesday 11th December – Fox Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 12th December – Nursery Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 12th December – Year 2 Christmas Journey @ 9:30 a.m.#
- Thursday 12th December – Junior Christmas Performance, Junior Hall @ 7:00 p.m.* ticketed event on a first come first serve basis
- Friday 13th December – Christmas Jumper Day – wear a Christmas Jumper (All)
- Friday 13th December – Hedgehog Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Friday 13th December – Junior Christmas Performance @ 2:00 p.m.* ticketed event on a first come first serve basis
- Friday 13th December – PTA Disco (Reception to Year 6), Junior Hall#
- Monday 16th December – Year 2 Choir at the Methodist Church, including viewing of Christmas trees @ 10:00a.m.*#
- Tuesday 17th December – Christmas Lunch Day
- Tuesday 17th December – Choir singing at Fairview Court (Year 5 only) @ 2:00 p.m.#
- Wednesday 18th December – Year 4 Choir at Speirs House Nursing Home @ 11:00 a.m.#
- Thursday 19th December – Class Christmas Parties (All)
- Friday 20th December – Christmas Service @ 9.45 a.m. (All)*
- Friday 20th December – School Finishes @ 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
#Parent help needed