Despite the wet weather this week we have still managed to do some outdoor activities. Nursery have been investigating snails, worms and spiders, Year 3 have been hunting for bugs and our Year 5 cricket team took part in a competition on Wednesday at Kingston Grammar School playing fields. Years 1 and 2 enjoyed a Peter Pan workshop on Monday and the Year 3 and 4 choir performed beautifully at the Malden and Coombe Cluster Concert at the Rose Theatre on Tuesday afternoon. I think it was the best cluster concert I have been to and it was lovely to see two ex-pupils hosting the whole event, with great finesse. I’m looking forward to returning to the theatre on Monday to watch the Year 5&6 choir perform at the Festival of School Choirs. Year 6 have taken part today in a workshop led by Sustrans. They have been creating nature designs for interpretation boards and wooden bollards which will be installed along the new walking and cycling link between New Malden and Raynes Park. I would also like to thank the school health service for offering, for the first time, drop in sessions for Year 6s to help them work through any concerns they may have about transfer to secondary school. You can see photos of some of these and more in the attached newsletter.
Summer Fair Tomorrow
Please come along to our Summer Fair tomorrow at the Infant site from 12:00pm – 4:00pm.
Year 2/3/4 – combined choirs will be singing at 1:00pm and the orchestra will be performing at 1:30pm.
Free Yoga Taster Session
One of our parents has very kindly offered to give a free one hour yoga taster session for all parents and staff. Yogareef classes are open to all levels looking to get fitter and enhance their emotional, physical and mental strength. If you are interested, please come along to the free, no obligation session at 5.45pm on Wednesday 19th June in the Junior hall. All parents and staff are welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant at the Junior Site: final notice
We are looking to appoint someone who has a commitment to high quality child centered learning and who is passionate about working creatively with children and their families: 8.45am – 1.25pm, Monday-Friday, Term Time including INSET days 22.50 hours per week ~ £11,000 per annum. Closing date for applications is Sunday 16th June 2019. For more information and an application form please go to the vacancies page of the school’s website.
Adjustment to term dates for 2019/20
It has come to our attention that our planned term dates for 2019/20 are one day short. We do not want to short –change you, so we will no longer be holding an INSET day on 22nd November 2019. We will also adjust the website accordingly.
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Here is a list of key dates for the remainder of the summer term.
- Saturday 15th June – Summer Fair 12p.m. – 4 p.m. (Infants)
- Tuesday, 25th June – New Reception Parents @ 7 p.m.*
- Wednesday 26th June – Year 6 Performance @ 7 p.m. (Year 6)*
- Thursday 27th June – Year 6 Performance @ 7 p.m. (Year 6)*
- Friday 28th June – Nursery Fun Day @ 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, 2nd July – Country Dancing Festival a.m.*#
- Tuesday 2nd July – Y3 Meet the New Teacher @ 3:45 p.m. (Year 2)*
- Wednesday 3rd July – New Classes Day (All)
- Thursday 4th July – Y6 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 5)*
- Thursday 4th July – Summer Music Concert @ 7 p.m. *
- Friday 5th July – Junior Sports Day @ 9:15 a.m. (Juniors)*
- Friday 5th July – Nursery closed for current pupils
- Monday 8th July to Friday 12th July – Residential Trip to the Isle of Wight (Year 6)
- Monday 8th July – Y2 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 1)*
- Tuesday 9th July – Y4 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 3)*
- Wednesday 10th July – Y5 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 4)*
- Thursday 11th July – Y1 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Reception)*
- Friday 12th July – Infant Sports Day @ 9:15 a.m. (Infants)*
- Monday 15th July – Reserve date for Junior sports day
- Wednesday 17th July – Leavers Discos (Years 2 and 6)#
- Friday 19th July – End of Year Service @ 9:45 a.m.*#
- Friday 19th July – Year 6 Leavers’ Service @ 10:45 a.m.*
- Friday 19th July – School Finishes early
- AM Nursery @ 10.45am
- Infants @ 2.15pm
- PM & Full time Nursery @ 2.20pm
- Juniors @ 2.30pm
- Connect @ 5.15pm
#Parent help needed*Parents invited