I cannot believe that we are already at the end of the second week back. Things continue to be going very well, although I think everyone is having to make adjustments to all being back together again, which I am sure will settle once again over time.
We have been thinking how to make life as fun as possible for the children, despite restrictions in wider life. I am therefore very pleased that the PTA are organising a ‘Break the Rules’ day on Friday 26th March. Please see below for more details. We will also hold celebrations of this term’s children’s birthdays in the afternoon of that day, as we know they are missing their parties. On Wednesday 31st March, our final day, as well as our Easter service, we will hold our traditional Easter bonnet parade for the Infants and a junior egg challenge for a ‘smashing’ end of term!
Keeping Everyone Safe
Positive COVID cases have been creeping up slowly. This started before the end of lockdown and we are obviously now at a risky time as we all join together again. We would therefore urge everyone to play their part in reducing any possible spread. Please remember:
- If your child is showing any of the symptoms of COVID: loss of taste or smell, persistent cough, high temperature – 38 degrees +: the child must not come to school, the whole family must self-isolate and you should book a PCR test for your child. It is important to do this even if your child only showed the symptoms for a short period of time. When someone is showing symptoms Lateral Flow Tests cannot be used
- Use the Lateral Flow Tests twice a week to check for asymptomatic COVID in your household. You can get a lateral flow test:
- Through your employer, if they offer workplace testing
- BOOK an appointment at one of our community test sites for people without symptoms
- COLLECT home test kits from local test sites at Cocks Crescent, New Malden or Milner Road, Kingston, available daily from 1 – 8pm, no need to pre-order.
- ORDER home test kits online from the gov.uk website
- If you have to self-isolate you can get support from the Kingston Stronger Together hub which offers support with:
- Food deliveries
- Medicine deliveries
- Support with your health and wellbeing
- Access to financial support payments
Residents can go to kingston.gov.uk/Covid19-needhelp or call 020 8547 5000 to access support.
Parent Governor Election
We received a single nomination for Parent Governor and so Claire Caldwell is appointed to the Governing Body with immediate effect. The Governors would like to express their thanks to Nina Burich, the outgoing Parent Governor, for her contribution to the Governing Body and the school.
School Closes Early – Thursday 25th March
We are looking forward to our virtual Parents’ Evening next week. In order to accommodate this, please note that school will finish 1 hour earlier than usual on Thursday 25th March at the following times:
- Reception and Year 1 @ 2:15pm
- PM & Full Time Nursery @ 2.20 p.m.
- Year 2 @ 2:25pm
- Years 3 and 5 @ 2:20pm
- Year 4 and 6 @ 2:30pm
- Connect will run until the usual time of 6:15pm.
Covid Winter Grant Scheme (for children resident in Richmond or Kingston)
Grants are still available for vulnerable families who may be struggling to afford food, utility bills, warm clothing (including school uniforms) or other essentials. The funding is available until the 16th April and if you would like us to refer you, please contact Mrs Roe (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
PTA Meeting, 8 p.m. via Zoom, Thursday 25th March
Please join us for our final PTA meeting of term on Thursday 25th March at 8pm. We will be finalising details for the Easter Egg Trail on 10th April and discussing ideas and plans for the Summer Term. Zoom details have been sent out to parents/carers.
Break the Rules Day – Friday 26th March
Following the success of our previous Break the Rules Day, the PTA are running this again next Friday 26th March. Pay a 50p fine for every rule set out that you break. You can choose how many rules you break! Simply bring the cash into your teacher on the day. All money raised will go to the PTA fund. See attached poster for all the rules that your child can break!
Return to school date: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Please note that Monday 19th April will be an INSET day as planned. The children will therefore return to school on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
SCL Easter Holiday Camp
Please see the attached poster for details of the SCL Easter Camp running from 6th – 16th April 2021 at the Junior site.
Reminder: Spark! Book Award Competitions
Don’t forget, children can participate in the Spark! Awards competitions. There are prizes for individual pupils and also £100 of books for the library of the school with the best all-round response from any age group. Winners’ work will be shown or read in their online winners’ ceremony on 17th June. Competition entry forms and further details can be found on their website.
Kingstonian CC Summer Colts
Kingstonian CC will be holding 2021 summer sessions for their Colts’ section on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This will be running from 21st April 2021 through to 19th August 2021 with a break for half term on the 2nd/3rd of June. If you are interested in booking sessions, please see the attached for more details.
Kingston Environment Centre – Seedy Sunday
The Kingston Environment Centre in New Malden (next to Nandos) are running a seed swap on Sunday 4th April from 11am until 4pm. Seeds can be donated, taken or swapped free of charge. Children can design their own seeds bags to donate seeds in. Please seal and label seeds you donate which can be dropped off on or before the day as there is a box outside the main door.
Tabitha White, Headteacher