It has been fun to see so much skipping happening in the school this week, and their enjoyment of their new skipping ropes. As you walk around the school, you can begin to hear the sound of Christmas with choirs being prepared and nativities rehearsing. We are hoping that (COVID rates permitting) we will be able to welcome you in person to these Christmas events and will be giving you more information in the coming weeks.
It is vital that children only go home with the adult they are meant to go with. We have been discussing the challenges with parents and staff and further reviewed our systems to make them clearer and easier to manage. Therefore, we would ask that from now on:
- Parents notify the school of a memorable word that can act as a password for each of their children that will last for the entire year.
- Any adult collecting the child may be asked for the password IF the person dismissing the child does not know the adult collecting the child.
- Parents must notify the school of who will be collecting their child if it is different from the normal routine by email to the class teacher by 1 p.m. (If it is an emergency and it is after 1 p.m. you can ring the school office.)
Christmas Market at the Carol Concert on December 9th
As you will be aware, the school is planning a special Christmas Concert on December 9th at 5-5.30pm in the Junior playground. The PTA is therefore going to host a Christmas market at the same time from 4.15- 6.15 (pausing for the concert). All junior and infant children and their parents are welcome to attend. Please let the PTA know via class reps or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help on a stall or dress up as Father Christmas! Please note that it will be important that parents take responsibility for their children, bringing them to and from the choir and orchestra. The school will look after any Connect children. (As this will be happening outside we are expecting this to go ahead as planned.)
Next PTA Meeting – 8pm via Zoom on Monday 22nd Nov
Please join us on Monday as we welcome new members to the PTA and discuss our upcoming Christmas plans! The Zoom details have been sent to parents/carers.
St John’s Pop-Up Christmas Café
Christmas Tree Sale
The Christmas Tree Sale organised each year on behalf of a number of local schools will be selling trees from Sunday 28th November (noon onwards) outside the Methodist Church in the High Street. Please mention Christ Church New Malden should you buy one.
As we near the end of this term, please make a note of the last date for clubs as not all finish the same week.
Dates of last sessions for clubs this term:
- Year 2 Gardening – 22nd Nov
- Year 1 and 2 Football – 30th Nov
- Junior Chinese – 22nd Nov
- Junior Netball – 22nd Nov
- Lower Junior running – 22nd Nov
- Upper Junior running – 23rd Nov
- Lower Junior football – 25th Nov
- Upper Junior football – 1st Dec
- Year 5 Handbells – 6th Dec
- Junior Choir – 7th Dec
- Junior Orchestra – 8th Dec
- Junior silver recorders – 8th Dec
- Junior gold recorders – 9th Dec
We are finalising the new timetable of clubs, including more external ones, for the Spring term and will publish that on the website in the next couple of weeks.
Foundation Governor Vacancies
The Diocesan Board are looking for three new Foundation Governors to join Christ Church New Malden Primary School’s enthusiastic Governing Body. The Governors would play a role in:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The commitment would include one full governing body meeting per term and two committee meetings per term for development work. Please see the attached advert.
If you know anyone, particularly if they are in your church community, who might be interested in taking on this role, please could you let them know about this role and give them the link to the application form.
Temporary teaching role supporting children with dyslexic tendencies (0.2FTE)
We are looking for an experienced teacher to take on a temporary role teaching children with dyslexic tendencies 1 to 1 and in small groups. If you might be interested or know someone else who would be interested then please go to the vacancies page of the school website for more details.
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Key Dates – Autumn 2021
- Thursday 2nd December – Nursery Nativity at 9:15 a.m.
- Friday 3rd December – Seahorse Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Monday 6th December – Turtle Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Tuesday 7th December – Owl Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Wednesday 8th December – Squirrel Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Hedgehog Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Christmas Carol Concert at 5 p.m. in the junior playground
- Friday 10th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 15th December – Fox Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Friday 17th December – Christmas Service and end of term.
Please remember, as is usual, school will close early on the last day of term, at the following times:
- Infants @ 2:15pm
- Nursery @ 2.20 pm
- Juniors @ 2:30 pm
- Connect @ 5:15pm