Our Nativity and various Christmas choral performance preparations have been in full swing this week and I have enjoyed getting a sneak preview. Auditions have also begun for the much anticipated Junior Christmas Performance. Year 1 have been busy reading and enthusiastically re-enacting the story of the Nutcracker, whilst Year 2 children have all imagined themselves a princess for their book study of ‘The Princess and the White Bear King’. Year 3 have been exploring the Labyrinth in the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur and Years 4 and 6 have been mastering the art of poetry writing.
Junior Christmas Production
Don’t forget that the first booking window for buying tickets on ParentMail is still open and closes at 7:30 a.m. on Monday 25th November. There will be two performances and children are expected to take part in both of them:
- Thursday 12th December @ 19:00
- Friday 13th December @ 14:00
There is a limit of two tickets per family and they cost £2 for the evening performance and £1 for the afternoon performance. Prams will not be allowed in the Hall but can be left in the school grounds. Small children will have to sit on an adult’s lap. Do book your tickets promptly, so you are not disappointed. If, after the initial booking window, there are unsold tickets we will make them available to purchase from 3:00 p.m. on Monday 25th November. Tickets are only available through ParentMail. Tickets will be handed to children on Monday 9th December.
Reception Christmas Production
In order to ensure that the Infant hall doesn’t get too crowded and that everyone gets a reasonable view, entry to the Reception Nativities will be by ticket only. There will be 60 tickets per performance and you will be able to book (free of charge) up to 2 per child.
- Thursday 5th December @ 9:15am
- Friday 6th December @ 9:15am
Tickets will be available to purchase through ParentMail only – from 7:30 p.m. this evening.
I am sorry to be writing to you again about inconsiderate parking and the anxiety and inconvenience that this causes fellow parents and our neighbours:
Sadly some parents continue to break the law and park on the yellow zig zags outside school – we have had particular complaints about a silver Audi registration LY68 UK2. This is dangerous and puts your children and other pupils at risk.
In addition, we have had complaints from our neighbours in Kavanagh Court that they are being blocked in by parents again, in particular by a silver Mondeo RK59 0MH. This is private property and not a public parking space.
This is not acceptable behaviour and reflects negatively on the whole school community. A reminder that you must only park in the designated spaces, out of courtesy, to avoid disrupting the lives of our neighbours and to avoid injury to our children.
Christmas Tree Sale – Help needed
The group organising the Christmas Tree Sale on behalf of a number of local schools are looking for volunteers to help them. They will be selling trees between Saturday 7th December and Saturday 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from outside the Methodist Church in the High Street (excluding Sundays). If you can help, please let us know when you might be available using the ParentMail form Christmas Tree Help. 25% of the sale price goes to the schools.
Mumps, measles and rubella (MMR) vaccination
Achieving for Children (AfC) has asked us to give support to the national effort to increase vaccination uptake by sharing the attached letter from Dr Catherine Heffernan, Principal Advisor for Commissioning Immunisations and Vaccination Services at NHS England, encouraging parents to take up the NHS vaccination offer for their children.
- Orchestra will continue until Wednesday 4th December.
- Year 3/4 Choir will continue until Tuesday 10th December. It is important children keep coming after the music concert as they still need to rehearse for the end of term service and Rose Theatre In January.
- Year 5/6 Choir will continue until Thursday 5th December.
Christmas Fair – Orchestra & Choir
Below are the times for the school music groups that are performing at the Fair. The children will need to arrive by the stage in the junior hall ten minutes before their slot. They do not wear school uniform but Christmas hats etc. would be great!
- Orchestra – 2:00 p.m.
- Year 3/4 Choir – 2:30 p.m.
- Year 2 Choir – 3:00 p.m.
We would love help preparing our raised gardening beds for winter – removing weeds and digging over with the children. If there is an adult who could spend an hour with a group of children, please let the office know. The help would prove invaluable and we can also promise you a lovely time!
This week’s lunchtime thunk is ‘Does a dog know it is a dog?’
Parent Rep Meeting
Please see attached the notes from the last Parent Rep meeting.
Casual Cycle Instructors – £12.23 – £13.61 per hour
The Sustainable Transport Team is seeking to recruit Cycle Instructors in the Kingston area to deliver Bikeability: the national cycle training programme for children. As one of the professional trained instructors, you could earn up to £420.16 per week to deliver the standard Bikeability courses, involving 20 hours of contact with riders plus time for course administration and travel. The Bikeability sessions are typically 10.00 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 15.00, plus travel time. All instructors must train on a 4-day National Standard Instructor course. It is an advantage if you already hold this qualification although not essential as training will be arranged for the right candidates.
So if you are a regular cyclist, have good road sense, are a good communicator and enjoy working outdoors, then this could be just the job for you. If appropriate you will receive further training in First Aid and Cycle Maintenance.
For an informal discussion about these positions please telephone Eric Chasseray, Sustainable Transport Officer on 020 8547 5826 or email email@example.com
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Here is a list of key dates for this half-term:
- Wednesday 4th December – Year 3 choir singing at Christ Church to Ladies Bible Group @ 9:30 a.m.#
- Thursday 5th December – Reception Christmas Performance 1 @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 5th December – Christmas Music Concert @ 7:00 p.m. (Junior Choirs, Recorders & Orchestra)*
- Friday 6th December – Reception Christmas Performance 2 @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Saturday 7th December – Christmas Fair, Juniors @ 12:00noon
- Monday 9th December – Owl Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Monday 9th December – Y5 & Y6 choir at Baptist Church @ 2:00p.m.#
- Tuesday 10th December – Squirrel Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Tuesday 10th December – Year 6 Choir at John Lewis, Kingston @ 11:00 a.m.#
- Wednesday 11th December – Fox Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 12th December – Nursery Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 12th December – Year 2 Christmas Journey @ 9:30 a.m.#
- Thursday 12th December – Junior Christmas Performance, Junior Hall @ 7:00 p.m.* ticketed event on a first come first serve basis
- Friday 13th December – Christmas Jumper Day – wear a Christmas Jumper (All)
- Friday 13th December – Hedgehog Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Friday 13th December – Junior Christmas Performance @ 2:00 p.m.* ticketed event on a first come first serve basis
- Friday 13th December – PTA Disco (Reception to Year 6), Junior Hall#
- Monday 16th December – Year 2 Choir at the Methodist Church, including viewing of Christmas trees @ 10:00a.m.*#
- Tuesday 17th December – Christmas Lunch Day
- Tuesday 17th December – Choir singing at Fairview Court (Year 5 only) @ 2:00 p.m.#
- Wednesday 18th December – Year 4 Choir at Speirs House Nursing Home @ 11:00 a.m.#
- Thursday 19th December – Class Christmas Parties (All)
- Friday 20th December – Christmas Service @ 9.45 a.m. (All)*
- Friday 20th December – School Finishes @ 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
#Parent help needed