I hope you all had an enjoyable half term and are ready for the Christmas preparations to begin! At the Infants we are already beginning to plan for our Nativity plays, so you can expect lots of excitement around casting and costumes over the coming weeks. Year 2 have also been out hunting for minibeasts and Years 3 and 4 have been learning about rock formation from volcanic materials. As you will be aware, we also welcomed top athlete, Frederick Afrifa, to the school today to lead a sponsored fitness circuit with pupils, which the children enjoyed participating in. If your child has been sponsored for this event, please ensure that the sponsorship form and money are returned to either school office by next Friday 15th November. Much of the money raised will be used to improve physical activity for the school, while also supporting GB athletes.
Reminder: Reception – Year 6 Individual and Sibling Photos
Pret-a-Portrait will be in school next Wednesday to take individual and sibling photos. Please can you ensure your child comes to school in the correct uniform.
Governors’ Fund Reminder
Please see attached a letter from our Governors with details of how you are able to contribute to the Governors’ Fund this year.
As mentioned in the previous bulletin, the ‘Thunk’ is a question that the children are given to discuss at lunchtime each week in the juniors. We thought you would enjoy hearing the topics each week and this week’s thunk is ‘Are you the same person at the end of the day as you were at the beginning?’
Some of our children will again be representing the School at this year’s Remembrance Day Parade and Service on Sunday 10th November. Should you wish to join us the parade marches off at 9:20 a.m. from the junction of the High Street and Kingston Road and the service at the War Memorial will begin at 9:30 a.m.
SCL Christmas Holiday Club
SCL Christmas Holiday Club is now ready to book and details are on the attached flyer. As usual, parents can receive an exclusive 15% off by using code HOST15 which will expire on Friday 6th December.
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Here is a list of key dates for this half-term:
- Wednesday 13th November – Individual and Sibling School Photos (Reception – Year 6)
- Thursday 5th December – Reception Christmas Performance 1 @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 5th December – Christmas Music Concert @ 7:00 p.m. (Junior Choirs, Recorders & Orchestra)*
- Friday 6th December – Reception Christmas Performance 2 @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Saturday 7th December – Christmas Fair, Juniors @ 12:00noon
- Monday 9th December – Owl Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Monday 9th December – Y5 & Y6 choir at Baptist Church @ 2:00p.m.#
- Tuesday 10th December – Squirrel Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Tuesday 10th December – Year 6 Choir at John Lewis, Kingston @ 11:00 a.m.#
- Wednesday 11th December – Fox Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 12th December – Nursery Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Thursday 12th December – Year 2 Christmas Journey @ 9:30 a.m.#
- Thursday 12th December – Junior Christmas Performance, Junior Hall @ 7:00 p.m.* ticketed event on a first come first serve basis
- Friday 13th December – Christmas Jumper Day – wear a Christmas Jumper (All)
- Friday 13th December – Hedgehog Class Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m.*
- Friday 13th December – Junior Christmas Performance @ 2:00 p.m.* ticketed event on a first come first serve basis
- Friday 13th December – PTA Disco (Years 1-6), Junior Hall#
- Monday 16th December – Year 2 Choir at the Methodist Church, including viewing of Christmas trees @ 10:15a.m.*#
- Tuesday 17th December – Christmas Lunch Day
- Tuesday 17th December – Choir singing at Fairview Court (Year 5 only) @ 2:00 p.m.#
- Wednesday 18th December – Year 4 Choir at Speirs House Nursing Home @ 11:00 a.m.#
- Thursday 19th December – Class Christmas Parties (All)
- Friday 20th December – Christmas Service @ 9.45 a.m. (All)*
- Friday 20th December – School Finishes @ 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
#Parent help needed