Thank you to everyone who has responded so quickly to the COVID outbreak in school, by seeking further tests, keeping children off with any potential symptoms, coping with some cancellations and even remote learning. I know that this has proved challenging, but the speedy action has meant that the number of cases has dropped significantly very quickly. I am optimistic that we have caught it before it has spread more widely and that we will all be able to have a good half term. I would also like to thank staff who have worked tirelessly to keep everyone safe and to step in to cover at a moment’s notice where needed. Thank you, too, for the words of encouragement which have kept us all going, including myself!
We are delighted that the junior choir will be on again next week. We will be rehearsing outside so please make sure that your child is wearing a coat.
Christmas Carol Celebration – Thursday 9th December at 5 p.m.
Calling all instrumentalists! We are looking for orchestral instrumentalists to support our school orchestra at our outdoor Chrsitmas carol celebration. The repertoire will be mostly well known carols and Christmas songs, and music will be available in advance. If you are available to help please email Mrs Bond (email@example.com). A great fun opportunity for parents to be a part of the school community and support our children. Anyone who can play is welcome (ex pupils also) – so please dust off those music cases and come and play.
Notifying the school about a child’s absence
I understand that some parents/carers are contacting the class teacher directly if their child is going to be absent. Please could you notify the office, via ParentMail, if your child is going to be absent. This means that we can authorise their absence in the register and the teacher will also be able to see this information. (You are of course welcome to contact the teacher as well if there is something else you wish to ask/share.)
Parents’ Evening – Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st October
Please remember to book your online appointments through School Cloud if you haven’t already done so. Do remember that school finishes an hour early next Thursday:
- Nursery – 2:20 p.m.
- Infants – 2:15 p.m.
- Juniors – 2:30 p.m.
Have a lovely weekend. Stay safe!
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Key Dates – Autumn 2021
- Wednesday 20th October – Parents’ Evening 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday 21st October – Parents’ Evening 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (School finishes an hour earlier)
- Friday 22nd October – Parent Reps 2 p.m.
- Friday 5th November – Open Afternoon 2.15p.m. Infants, 2:30 p.m. Juniors
- Wednesday 10th November – School Photograph Day
- Friday 19th November – Year 2 SATS Talk at 9 a.m. via Zoom
- Thursday 2nd December – Nursery Nativity at 9:15 a.m.
- Friday 3rd December – Seahorse Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Monday 6th December – Turtle Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Tuesday 7th December – Owl Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Wednesday 8th December – Squirrel Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Hedgehog Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Christmas Carol Concert at 5 p.m. in the junior playground
- Friday 10th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 15th December – Fox Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Friday 17th December – Christmas Service and end of term