Today, we celebrated the 150th anniversary of the founding of our school. As I sat in church, I thought of the thousands of children who have attended the school and the hundreds of staff who have taught and supported them. It is a joy to walk around the school today and see children happily engaged in the learning and the teachers enthusiastically teaching them.
The first half-term, whilst exciting, is always tiring! Children getting used to their new teachers and teachers getting used to their new classes. I hope that everyone will get a good rest, this half-term holiday, and come back raring to go!
At the end of this message is a list of key dates. Do keep it for reference.
Next half-term, we will be holding two parents’ consultations:
- Tuesday 21st November
- Thursday 30th November
Both will run from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. and give you the opportunity to discuss your child’s progress. Booking information will be sent out on ParentMail, next half-term.
Please note that the sibling group photographs that will take place before or after school on Friday 17th November will be for children who attend Christ Church New Malden Primary (Nursery-Year 6) only, not younger or older siblings. If you have not already done so, and you would like your children photographed together, please complete the form on ParentMail by 31st October. We will then send out booking details only to those families who have said they would like a sibling group photo taken.
Bikeability Plus – Year 4
Please return the Bikeability form for your child if you have not already done so. We need these forms back as soon as possible.
Secondary School Application Deadline – Year 6
The deadline for applications for secondary school is Tuesday 31st October. As this is just after half term, we would ask that you complete the application online before half term if possible. Any applications not received by Kingston Admissions by 31st October will be considered late and this may severely affect the school your child is offered. If you are having any problems with the online process, please contact Mrs Brown in the Junior office for assistance.
Reading Projects – Juniors
Next term, the children at the juniors all do a project based on a book. More details will be sent out with the home learning on Friday 3rd November. In the meantime, to enable you to get hold of a copy of the book, the books for each year group are as follows:
- Year 3 The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
- Year 4 Danny, the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl
- Year Storyteller: The Boy and the tiger and other stories Compiled by Pie Corbett
- Year 6 Cosmic by Frank Cottrell-Boyce
Year 3 and Year 4 are reading the same books as those classes read last year, so you may find a parent in the year above who can lend you a copy of this year’s book. If we receive Pupil Premium for your child, we will give them a copy after half-term.
Nursery Christmas Performance – Friday 15th December @ 9:15 a.m.
This year, the two Nursery classes are combining to put on their Christmas performance. This will be at the earlier time of 9:15 a.m., to enable parents to watch and still get to work.
Please could you ensure your child has a full PE kit in school every day. There are still children regularly having to borrow items for PE lessons. The only exception is trainers, where children can bring in trainers for the outside PE day.
Sadly we have a huge pile of lost property at both sites which, if unclaimed by Friday 3rd November, we will send off for recycling. Please do label all your children’s uniform clearly ideally with sew in labels, as biro washes off quickly.
PTA – An easy way to give
A reminder that the School has an account on TheGivingMachine: if you shop online via TheGivingMachine at 1000s of shops such as Amazon, Argos and John Lewis, you can raise a cash donation for Christ Church New Malden CofE Primary School, at no cost to you. It’s completely free and easy to join! Click here to access our fundraising page.
This is a complete list of dates for next half-term. Only key events are listed for the spring and summer terms.
- Thursday 2nd November Clay Workshop (Orange Class)
- Friday 3rd November BAE Day (Years 5 &6)
- Thursday 9th November Clay Workshop (Red Class)
- Friday 10th November Phonics Talk Infant Hall @ 9 a.m. (Year 1)*
- Tuesday 14th November Crash Bang Wallop! Musical Workshop (Nursery)
- Thursday 16th November Stay and Play (Nursery)*
- Thursday 16th November Clay Workshop (Green Class)
- Friday 17th November Individual School Photos (All)
- Tuesday 21st November Parents’ Evening 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. (All)*
- Thursday 23rd November Clay Workshop (Yellow Class)
- Friday 24th November Healthy Living Day (All)
- Saturday 25th November PTA Christmas Fair 12 noon– 4 p.m. (All)*
- Monday 27th November Roman Workshop (Year 4)
- Thursday 30th November Parents’ Evening, 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. (All)*
- Friday 1st December PTA Movie Night 3.30 p.m. (All)
- Monday 4th December Years 5 & 6 Choir Baptist Church, New Malden @ 2 p.m.
- Monday 4th December Roman Workshop (Year 3)
- Thursday 7th December Christmas Music Concert @ 7 p.m. (Junior Choirs, Recorders & Orchestra)*
- Tuesday 12th December Reception Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m. (Reception)*
- Tuesday, 12th December Insight Christmas Journey at Baptist Church @ 1:15 p.m. (Year 2)
- Wednesday 13th December Year 1 Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m. (Year 1)*
- Thursday 14th December Year 2 Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m. (Year 2)*
- Thursday 14th December Nativity Performance, Juniors, Main Hall @ 7 p.m. (Year 3)*
- Thursday 14th December Year 6 Choir at John Lewis Kingston @ 10 a.m. (Year 6)*
- Friday 15th December Christmas Jumper Day – wear a Christmas Jumper (All)
- Friday 15th December Nursery Christmas Performance @ 9:15 a.m. (Nursery)*
- Monday 18th December Year 5 Choir at Fairview Court 2 p.m. #
- Tuesday 19th December Christmas Lunch Day
- Wednesday 20th December Class Christmas Parties (All)
- Thursday 21st December Christmas Service @ 9.45 a.m. (All)*
- Tuesday 21st December School Finishes @ 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
- Wednesday 3rd January INSET DAY (All)
- Friday 19th January Parents’ Talk – Maths Calculations @ 9.00am*
- Friday 26th January Healthy Living Day
- Monday 12th February to Friday, 16th February – Half Term
- Thursday 22nd February Y4 Carroty Wood Parents’ Talk @ 7 p.m. (Year 4)*
- Tuesday 6th March Parents’ Evening 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. (Nursery to Year 5)*
- Friday 9th March Year 6 Learning Reviews for Parents (Year 6)*
- Wednesday 14th March Parents’ Evening 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. (Nursery to Year 5)*
- Friday 23rd March International Day (All)
- Monday 26th March to Wednesday, 28th March Year 4 Residential Trip, Carroty Wood
- Wednesday 28th March Easter Bonnet Parade (Infants)
- Thursday, 29th March Easter Service @ 9.45am (All)*
- Thursday 29th March School Finishes @ 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
- Monday, 16th April INSET DAY (All)
- Monday, 7th May Bank Holiday
- Monday 14th – Thursday 17th May KS2 SATS (Year 6)
- Tuesday 22nd May Class Photos (All)
- Monday, 28th May to Friday, 1 June Half Term
- Monday, 4th June INSET DAY (All)
- Thursday 7th June Y6 Isle of Wight Parents’ Talk @ 7 p.m. (Year 6)*
- Tuesday, 26th June New Reception Parents @ 7 p.m.*
- Wednesday 27th June Year 6 Performance @ 7 p.m. (Year 6)*
- Thursday 28th June Year 6 Performance @ 7 p.m. (Year 6)*
- Friday 29th June Junior Sports Day @ 9 a.m. (Juniors)*
- Tuesday, 3rd July Year 4 Country Dancing Festival a.m.*#
- Wednesday 4th July New Classes Day (All)
- Thursday 5th July Y6 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 5)*
- Thursday 5th July Y3 Meet the New Teacher @ 3:45 p.m. (Year 2)*
- Thursday 5th July Summer Music Concert @ 7 p.m. (All choirs, recorder groups & orchestra)*
- Friday, 6th July Leavers Discos (Years 2 and 6)#
- Monday, 9th July to Friday, 13th July Residential Trip to the Isle of Wight Year 6)
- Monday 9th July Y2 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 1)*
- Tuesday 10th July Y4 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 3)*
- Wednesday 11th July Y5 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Year 4)*
- Thursday 12th July Y1 Meet the New Teacher @ 9 a.m. (Reception)*
- Friday 13th July Infant Sports Day @ 9 a.m. (Infants)*
- Friday 23rd July End of Year Service @ 9:45 a.m.*#
- Friday 20th July School Finishes @ 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
* Parents Invited
~ Parent Help Needed