This half term, I have been meeting with groups of Year 3 for a hot chocolate and a catch up, both to welcome them to the juniors and to find out more about their experiences. It has been encouraging to see how smoothly they have transferred between the two sites and how quickly they have settled into the juniors. They tell me that they love the size of the junior playground, the upstairs and the exciting topics such as ‘skeletons’. They are proud of their progress in maths and English. However, my favorite comment was ‘I love the way the juniors is just like the infants. I love the whole school’!
Harvest reminder – Thursday 14th October
As you will have read last week, next week we will be collecting items for Kingston’s Foodbank, as part of our Harvest Service. We are aware that people in the local community are experiencing more challenges than ever before as a consequence of the pandemic and that foodbanks are finding it hard to meet the levels of need. Please help us to give a generous donation.
This is the list of items that can be brought in:
- Instant mashed potato
- Juice & squash
- Shower gel
- Shaving foam
- Household cleaning items
- Washing up liquid
- Washing machine tablets
- Christmas items (puddings, cakes or chocolates – still in date at Christmas)
Open afternoon – Friday 5th November: Time – 2:15 p.m. (Infants) and 2:30 p.m. (Juniors)
As you will be aware, we will be continuing with online parents’ evenings this term (after our successful trial last term). This has proved very successful for working parents and also for parents with more than one child. Likewise, the teachers really valued the opportunity to share their time fairly between all families. However, we know that people will miss the opportunity to look at their children’s books and see the progress they are making for themselves. We are therefore going to offer an open afternoon on Friday 5th November where we will welcome parents and carers into the classroom. It will be so lovely to be able to do this after such a long time. (This will be on Thursday 4th November for Kipling, as they swim on Fridays.)
The first parent reps’ meeting of this term will be on Friday 22nd of October at 2 p.m. on the infant site. This will be an opportunity to discuss issues that affect more than one class, or the whole school. We will send more information about the meeting to parent reps.
Mr Nourish’s Birthday – Thursday 14th
Mr Nourish’s birthday is being celebrated with a special menu including hot dogs and birthday cake. Please see the attached menu and please remember to order a meal on ParentMail for your Junior child if they’d like to join the party (Infant children will automatically be offered the birthday meal if they do not have a packed lunch in school that day).
Have a lovely weekend.
Tabitha White, Headteacher
Key Dates – Autumn 2021
- Wednesday 20th October – Parents’ Evening 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday 21st October – Parents’ Evening 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (School finishes an hour earlier)
- Friday 22nd October – Parent Reps 2 p.m.
- Friday 5th November – Open Afternoon 2.15p.m. Infants, 2:30 p.m. Juniors
- Wednesday 10th November – School Photograph Day
- Friday 19th November – Year 2 SATS Talk at 9 a.m. via Zoom
- Thursday 2nd December – Nursery Nativity at 9:15 a.m. (changed from 11 a.m.)
- Friday 3rd December – Seahorse Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Monday 6th December – Turtle Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Tuesday 7th December – Owl Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Wednesday 8th December – Squirrel Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Hedgehog Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Christmas Carol Concert at 5 p.m. in the junior playground
- Friday 10th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- Wednesday 15th December – Fox Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Friday 17th December – Christmas Service and end of term