We are three weeks into term and it has been wonderful to see how the children have settled into their new classes. This week we welcomed back the team from Open the Book, who started from the beginning with the story of creation. It was very special to see them in school once again.
This week has seen the arrival of our pigs! The infant children have been excited to meet them, and the juniors hope to next week. Their names are Dotty and Truffle. Congratulations to Remi in Year 3 and to Mrs Ward who proposed these names. They have settled into their new home and I am very grateful to Mr Allum, who has built it, inventively recycling several items from school, including the old toilet doors from Fox Class, and wood from demolished sheds.
Summer Fair Singing
All children from Years 1-6 (not just choir) are welcome to join in the singing performance at the summer fair on Saturday 25th September. This is the running order:
- 3 p.m. – Years 1 and 2
- 3:30 p.m. – Years 3 and 4
- 4 p.m. – Years 5 and 6
Please come along and support your child.
Here are some of the key dates for this term. We have organised the Parents’ Evenings for earlier in the term so we can talk about how the children have settled in and what progress they are making. Following the success of last year these will be via video, with face to face appointments available. We are also able to return to some of our traditional Christmas activities, including the infant nativities, but we are also having a Christmas Carol Concert in the junior playground, to which all children and parents are invited. Obviously, all these events are subject to any changes due to COVID restrictions.
- Wednesday 20th October – Parents’ Evening 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday 21st October – Parents’ Evening 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (School finishes an hour earlier)
- Friday 19th November – Year 2 SATS Talk at 9 a.m. via Zoom
- Thursday 2nd December – Nursery Nativity at 11 a.m.
- Friday 3rd December – Seahorse Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Monday 6th December – Turtle Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Tuesday 7th December – Owl Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Wednesday 8th December – Squirrel Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Hedgehog Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Thursday 9th December – Christmas Carol Concert at 5 p.m. in the junior playground
- Friday 10th December – Fox Nativity at 9:10 a.m.
- Friday 17th December – Christmas Service and end of term
Extra Bank Holiday – To celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee there will be an additional bank holiday in 2022. As this falls in the summer half term, schools have been told to add an extra day’s holiday in school time. We will be having an extra day’s holiday on Monday 6th June and are moving the INSET day schedule for that date to Friday 24th June.
Thank you to everyone who has already volunteered to help look after our pigs over the weekends and during school holidays. We believe we have now contacted everyone who has expressed an interest but would welcome more offers so please let us know if you would like to help via email@example.com.
Have a lovely weekend.
Tabitha White, Headteacher